diy solar

diy solar

DIY off grid setup low voltage disconnect keeps happening - why?

Tschh

Hi all,

I have a setup in place for an off grid cabin/home.
It consists of the following:

5x 300W 12V panels wired in series, receiving a decent amount of sun each day
1x 60A MPPT charger (cheap Vevor/eSmart Controller)
2x 175Ah LiFePo4 12V batteries wired in parallel - eBay no name brand but they have a screen for the BMS which shows the percentage charged

On the system I have 2 mini inverters used to run a small TV and a portable drill charger (very low wattage)
I also have 6 small LED down lights running off it which use next to no wattage

Last week I also had a bigger inverter running a fridge off the system, but I have since disconnected this after the first time the system low voltage cut off in the middle of the night.
Since then, it has progressively been doing this more frequently and every time I have to get a donor battery to jump it back on.

At first I thought it was just over consumption of the batteries but I now know that’s not possible. The total combined consumption would be no more than maybe 300Wh a night, and according to the MPPT I’m getting about 1.2kWh-2.5kWh of solar into the batteries a day.
It also wouldn’t be an inductive load tripping it as nothing now running on it uses any motors.

Any idea what this could be? I’ll be the first to admit my connections aren’t fantastic between the batteries and the batteries to the MPPT but I wouldn’t think this would cause LV shut offs with the BMS?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 0070C27A-4B00-403C-B0C2-1353553B191A.jpeg
    0070C27A-4B00-403C-B0C2-1353553B191A.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 10
Back