diy solar

diy solar

DIY Solar General Discussion

Kevpark1

Hello all, an almost total newbie here. I have an rv and recently purchased a panel and controller to keep my rv batteries topped up. I have 2 12 volt batteries and my question is when I hook the controller to the batteries, do I connect to both terminals of one battery or to the positive on one battery and the negative on the other battery.
thanks in advance

To keep your parallel batteries in balance you want to use the latter approach. If you put both wires on one battery then you will not get an even charge and you will end up with out of balance batteries.

Hello all, an almost total newbie here. I have an rv and recently purchased a panel and controller to keep my rv batteries topped up. I have 2 12 volt batteries and my question is when I hook the controller to the batteries, do I connect to both terminals of one battery or to the positive on one battery and the negative on the other battery.
thanks in advance
As Rmaddy said and remember to connect your solar controller to the battery’s first then connect your solar panels.

diy solar

diy solar
Back