diy solar

diy solar

SunGoldPower general info for beginner

Lanomode

Hello DIY Solar folks,

New here and new to solar. I have SunGoldPower setup questions for anyone with experience (No not the 03 fault ;)). I've read and watched almost everything I can find, and have been poking around this forum for a few weeks now. My goal is basically to minimize or eliminate my electric bill. No storage at this time, and no need to be off grid.

My setup: SunGoldPower SPH8k48SP inverter/charge controller. 16 Trina Tallmax panels on the roof.

General questions are basically settings or features of my inverter.
I'm working on completing the build of my system, but am currently waiting on a few more items to be shipped. In the meantime, I'm playing around with settings on my inverter with only half my array (8 panels) online. The manual for my SPH8k goes through setup and settings, but description leaves a bit to be desired. I also receive a few faults along with the one that should be ignored until I pony up for batteries.

Faults are sporadic and depend on settings, but 04 (BatLowEod) and 06 (BatOverVolt) are the ones I get. Again, no battery hooked up. My settings are basically default UTI/ON GRD, but these pop up when it gets dark (during the solar eclipse today). Overnight, my inverter shows faults too and needs to be powered off then on in the morning. Is there a better setup that I'm missing to further ignore darkness/battery?

As far as descriptions I'm looking for, can anyone clarify "bypass" for me? I'd obviously like my PV setup to cover household load. So I'd just like to be sure what "bypass" is referring to (grid power? PV output to grid? PV output to load?) Any advice or experience on SPH best practices would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 431954249_785831480140334_1432258183281464595_n.jpg
    431954249_785831480140334_1432258183281464595_n.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 3
Back