diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 LVM 24v x 2 split phase not getting 240v

jonnyc21

Solar Ninja (in training)
Growatt 3000 LVM 24v x 2.
It looks like it is setup correctly for split phase and I am getting 120v from each except when I check between the two hot sides i get 0v not 240v.

I did connect the 2 communication cables (left the power sharing ones off) and set one Growatt to 2P0 and the other to 2P2, they'll correctly display HS and 2P respectively but the output is 0 volts on my double pull breaker when I would have expected 240v.
- Currently only connected to the batteries (PV and Grid are not yet setup)
- No faults or warning codes.
- LifePO4 300Ah 24v, fully charged.

Is this expected or am I correct in thinking I have done something incorrect in the settings?

New to this but couldn't find a post on this one so figured it was worth asking.

1708208720529.png

1708208773189.png

"HS" indicates single phase master, not split phase L1. Should indicate "0P"

I helped a friend with setting these units up, and it was very finicky about things being done exactly as indicated in the manual.

Oh, I must have miss read the HS vs 0P. I will double check my settings and restart the inverters with a longer wait between them in the sequential startup and see if I can get the 0P to show up. Thank you.

Well, I got some time to dig in again so decided to just reset and start over. I am still getting HS and P2 on the displays after rebooting with the settings updated however am now seeing the correct 240v as expected.

I am wondering if maybe I am getting the HS and P2 because I am in need of an update on my controllers. At any rate I am going to double check everything before plugging anything in.

Back