diy solar

diy solar

Dropping VDC

smali

It 5kva/4kw inverter specs DC input 48 voltage 93A ,Solar charger mode min 36 VDC system Voltage 48 VDC and maximum Solar voltage (VOC) 105 VDC.
I installed 08 pannals 47 vol 12 a (585 Watt). 02 pannals in series with 04 pair and then parreller all 04 so it's 96 volt with 48 amp.
The problem when in contact it with the said inverter so it shows 96 volt on display after 5 second when start battery charging so the 96 volts drop to 50 volt and the DC protection breaker heat up and break and goes to open circuit.
I replaced the inverter controller board with another donor board but same result..so what the problem.one thing to mention the donor board have no op07 current sence ic so I remove from own board to donor board
Plz help

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_084507_821.jpg
    IMG_20240522_084507_821.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 13
I'd bet that's a PWM controller, not MPPT.

105V limit on a 48V system screams PWM
Instant drop from Voc to battery voltage screams PWM

PWM controllers can't be over-paneled. You are likely over-paneled.

Start with ONE 2S string only, see if it works. Keep adding strings until the error returns, then remove the last string. I suspect you'll be limited to 2S3P

This datasheet for that model inverter does indicate PWM:

The P in the model name indicates PWM.

Today I tried an experiment ...I disconnect battery from PWM inverter and connect 50 volt 2Amp adoprter for inverter reference voltage and connect PV to inverter and also connected to 3kw MPPT controller for separate battery charging but when it on the battery terminal voltage goes up to 90 and internal capistor blast...
Reverse all the connections and again connect as old PV connect to 3kw MPPT controller and batteries connect to inverter for power generation all is ok but no success in experiment..

I'd bet that's a PWM controller, not MPPT.

105V limit on a 48V system screams PWM
Instant drop from Voc to battery voltage screams PWM

PWM controllers can't be over-paneled. You are likely over-paneled.

Start with ONE 2S string only, see if it works. Keep adding strings until the error returns, then remove the last string. I suspect you'll be limited to 2S3P

This datasheet for that model inverter does indicate PWM:

The P in the model name indicates PWM.
Today I tried an experiment ...I disconnect battery from PWM inverter and connect 50 volt 2Amp adoprter for inverter reference voltage and connect PV to inverter and also connected to 3kw MPPT controller for separate battery charging but when it on the battery terminal voltage goes up to 90 and internal capistor blast...
Reverse all the connections and again connect as old PV connect to 3kw MPPT controller and batteries connect to inverter for power generation all is ok but no success in experiment..

The behavior you describe in your first post is consistent with a PWM controller.

I have no idea what you're trying to do, but it sounds like you're trying to destroy equipment. Stop.

With a PWM controller, PV voltage drops to battery voltage when solar is charging. That is how it works.

Back