diy solar

diy solar

Dry contact Port (DO) on battery , any idea what they are for?

magnet creek

My Sunpal 48V 200ah Batteries use a PACE BMS that has 4 dry contact ports on the front. I have seen them on a lot of server rack batteries.
I have never used these contacts (I use the CAN connection to the inverter and the RS232 to connect to Solar Assistant) but I'm curious.
I have tried to look for information on what the protocol is on these contacts but I can't figure it out. (https://www.akkudoktor.net/wp-conte...9718/71811=11470-PACE-16S-100Ah______-__.pdf_ )

Any Ideas?

Dry contact relays are used for controlling external devices.

They are called "dry" because they supply no power. They act like a switch. When they are off, the two terminals are open and unconnected, when they are on the two terminals are closed and connected.

I understand the concept of Dry Contacts, it's basically binary code :"OPEN"-0 OR "CLOSED" -1.
So with 4 terminals on the server rack battery , you can basically create 16 "messages", or communicate different states.
I wonder if somebody knows what these messages are, I assume they are somewhat universal in the battery world.

I understand the concept of Dry Contacts, it's basically binary code :"OPEN"-0 OR "CLOSED" -1.
So with 4 terminals on the server rack battery , you can basically create 16 "messages", or communicate different states.
I wonder if somebody knows what these messages are, I assume they are somewhat universal in the battery world.
Or what settings dictate their condition.
1000006822.png
1000006888.png

Never "played" with BMS tools, can you assign certain signals to the dry contact in BMS tools?

Back