diy solar

diy solar

EB55 Barrel connector?

jsackspot

I suspect the EB55 connector is a DC7909, but does it have the (strange) requirement that's needed to function like the other models (shunting pin and inner sleeve(?))? Anyone have a way to connect the EB55 to 12V via that connector? I'm considering building a DC7909 cable to Anderson or to MC4 or whatever, to connect to house/battery/12V/car DC.

Thanks!

Did you ever find any more info on this? I'd be happy with finding a source for 7909 make plugs (or pigtails without lame 16AWG wires).

Nothing definitive; Bluetti referred me to their D0505S charging enhancer, which I suspect is because that input is expecting 25-27V, which you could supply with a DCDC converter. All in all might not be worth the effort — though I suspect others may be wondering “why not?”

Nothing definitive; Bluetti referred me to their D0505S charging enhancer, which I suspect is because that input is expecting 25-27V, which you could supply with a DCDC converter. All in all might not be worth the effort — though I suspect others may be wondering “why not?”
Thanks. I'll post if I end up with something that works. As far as I know, the EB70, which I have, doesn't require the 3 inputs, because it charges just fine with an old (silent!) 20V ~5amp laptop charger with 8mm plug.

My plan is to make a DC-DC charger using a 12V-24V DC converter. On one end of the boost brick I'll use Anderson 30A power poles for the 12V ~20A feed from the vehicle charging system, and then on the 24V 10 amp output wires (to the EB70, limited at 8amp input), I'll run 12 or 14g wire to the EB70 via some kind of connector which will get me to the 7909.
Anderson will be the most versatile, but throwing MC4s on the end of the converter would be the easiest because then I could just use the MC4 to 8mm/7909 pigtail that came with my EB70. That said MC4 seems a little overkill for something that may get unplugged multiple times a day. I've seen 8mm to Anderson pigtails, but as I mentioned above, they're usually really small gauge wire (and cost too much and don't have very good reviews). So.... we'll see.

I also have EB70, I use use the 7909 - cig plug cable that comes with the unit and i use the cig receptacle that is connected to what ever power supply/ or boost converter I have for experimenting the charging of the EB70.
So far I have a hard time finding the raw 7909 plug that I can solder on 12ga wire to it to make my own heavy duty 7909 cable.

I also have EB70, I use use the 7909 - cig plug cable that comes with the unit and i use the cig receptacle that is connected to what ever power supply/ or boost converter I have for experimenting the charging of the EB70.
So far I have a hard time finding the raw 7909 plug that I can solder on 12ga wire to it to make my own heavy duty 7909 cable.
So weird. We have these Chinese companies falling all over themselves to make copies of copies of copies of various adapters and plugs and cords and products that have 7909 on them. But we can't get JUST the 7909.

diy solar

diy solar
Back