diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow River 370 and Mini-fridge freezer

bassplayer

Hi everyone. I have an EcoFlow River 370 and am trying to figure how long it will work with a mini fridge. The only spec's I can find online on this fridge: it uses 327kw/year and it's 110v. The River 370 spec's are:

• 370WH HIGH CAPACITY - Built-in 370Wh (100000mAh at 3.7V) battery, the portable generator provides you 500W total power output.
Can anyone help me with a formula to figure out how many the watts per hour the fridge will be pulling ?

Thx

327kWh/year = 896Wh/day

Your Ecoflow River can power it for 370/856 = 0.43 days assuming perfect efficiency and 100% of battery available.

I'd count on 0.3 days (8 hours)

It also assumes that the fridge and its contents are already cold. If the fridge has to cool itself down with continuous running, it will probably only run for an hour or two.

Ok thank you snoobler. Even though the little mini fridge/freezer is cheap ($229) I can see why folks are spending more $$ on the 12v dual zone fridge's.

The power cost of the fridge is much more related to its cu-ft vs. 120VAC or 12VDC.

Wow so running this a/c mini fridge off-grid would take a lot. I am still struggling with the formulas:

Volts x Amp Hours / 100 = Watt Hours

12V deep cycle battery x 105AH = 1260 / 100 = 12.6 Watt Hours

I'd be able to power a 100 watt appliance for 12.6 hours on a fully charged battery. What I can't figure out is how many of those batteries it would take to power the mini fridge. It's confusing because the fridge might be opened once a day so the compressor is not always going to be running.

Pretty sure I'll go with one of the 12v fridges but I'm still curious to know what it would take to go totally off grid with the mini-fridge. Thx

Your calculation is correct; however, you would only want to run them for half that time - 6.3 hours as discharging a lead-acid battery below 50% severely reduces its life. With full discharges, you'll only get 300 cycles. With 50% discharges, you may get as many as 2000.

The 370 likely uses lithium, so you can use the whole capacity.

If the fridge has a yellow sticker (or it's available online) with an annual kWh and annual energy cost, that's a good indication of its actual usage. Divide that number by 365 to get the kWh/day value.

The only advantage 12VDC has over 120VAC is you lose 5-15% efficiency in converting DC to AC. 12V appliances tend to cost significantly more.

Ok thx. One of our local home depot's has the fridge in stock and hopefully it can provide me with the numbers I need.

Back