diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18KPV A/C Coupling

Good move with the IQ7s. I'm seeing more integration success using the 7s as opposed to the 8s. I'm way too deep into the 8s at this point, perhaps that's why I haven't gotten to where I wanted to be yet. My latest attempt is with an EG4 18K PV GEN port that started out beautifully, then went sideways. Mixed results so far.
Iq7a to main panel 15A breaker. Ac out of xw feeds lugs on the main panel.

Enable Ac couple in Schneider software

Set grid profile to frequency watt profile in Enphase. The only issue I ever had was the battery coefficient setting needed to be set to 0 or there was a weird offset and frequency shifting on the xw would begin 1v or more late.
Which Enphase profile is the equivalent to "frequency watt" that you mentioned? I'm seeing "SEW microgrid frequency-watt 200/Hz (1.0.9)". All others are for Puerto Rico, it in the toolkit. My current one is "IEEE 1547 default 2015, No Export (1.0.10)" Enphase had another recommendation for what I was trying to do, but its somewhere buried in my notes.

By late, do you mean .1Hz instead of 1v?

Which Enphase profile is the equivalent to "frequency watt" that you mentioned? I'm seeing "SEW microgrid frequency-watt 200/Hz (1.0.9)". All others are for Puerto Rico, it in the toolkit. My current one is "IEEE 1547 default 2015, No Export (1.0.10)"
None of the IEEE 1547 2015 profiles support freq-watt. Try the IEEE 1547 default 2018 or one of the CA Rule 21 grid profiles to enable freq-watt. Also, you should contact Enphase to make sure you have a recent firmware version (released within last 3 months) in the iQ8's that has reportedly fixed off-grid AC coupling issues.

Good move with the IQ7s. I'm seeing more integration success using the 7s as opposed to the 8s. I'm way too deep into the 8s at this point, perhaps that's why I haven't gotten to where I wanted to be yet. My latest attempt is with an EG4 18K PV GEN port that started out beautifully, then went sideways. Mixed results so far.

Which Enphase profile is the equivalent to "frequency watt" that you mentioned? I'm seeing "SEW microgrid frequency-watt 200/Hz (1.0.9)". All others are for Puerto Rico, it in the toolkit. My current one is "IEEE 1547 default 2015, No Export (1.0.10)" Enphase had another recommendation for what I was trying to do, but its somewhere buried in my notes.

By late, do you mean .1Hz instead of 1v?
Enphase supplied the profile when I inquired. Before the. I used a profile that would taper to 60.5hz and then just shut off.

I mean 1v, not 1hz. I worked for quite some time with Schneider solving that issue. I was almost random and very concerning when it happened.

Back