diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv Ethernet dongle

neo2299

About to pull my WiFi dongle off and use the new Ethernet dongle. Just a quick question… should I just put the inverter in standby mode and plug new dongle in? All settings will stay the same I assume? Thanks

About to pull my WiFi dongle off and use the new Ethernet dongle. Just a quick question… should I just put the inverter in standby mode and plug new dongle in? All settings will stay the same I assume? Thanks
Also very interested in how you like it, I've got two WiFi and two Ethernet dongles and will be (hopefully?) commissioning my inverters this coming week, but it looks like I only need one, and the Ethernet dongle won't talk to Solar Assistant, so I'm really conflicted. In an ideal world I could put the Ethernet dongle on one (for reliably cloud communications) and the WiFi dongle on the other (for SA compatibility), but I'm not sure what would happen, so I'm more than a little reluctant...

Also very interested in how you like it, I've got two WiFi and two Ethernet dongles and will be (hopefully?) commissioning my inverters this coming week, but it looks like I only need one, and the Ethernet dongle won't talk to Solar Assistant, so I'm really conflicted. In an ideal world I could put the Ethernet dongle on one (for reliably cloud communications) and the WiFi dongle on the other (for SA compatibility), but I'm not sure what would happen, so I'm more than a little reluctant...
I’m not a fan of WiFi when hard wired is an option. I have two inverters and will only be booking up the master inverter with a dongle. Will let you know how it works.

I’m not a fan of WiFi when hard wired is an option
I hear you, which is why I jumped on the LAN dongle. Only after two of them shipped did I realize I only need/can use one, and may not even be able to use that one (until I figure out the alternate interface to SA using the 'METER' RS-485 port?).

I went ahead and turned off all power and the inverters... Switched out the dongle... took about 5-10min to fully update but I can now see all my battery stats.

Only issue right now is the slave inverter isnt showing any stats... @EG4_Jared - what should i do so i can see the slave inverter stats?

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back