diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv

Two modules in series? Would be more productive/polite to post the exact specs so people trying to help don’t also have to Google and guess, 48V is too “nominal and approximate” IMO

I mean I randomly googled to see what the first Tesla module that came up was, and it looked like two series packs were needed to get close to 48V battery system voltage range

Can you take a step back and set up your question with enough context to get productive help?

Let me rephrase my question what is the charging range of the sol ark or eg4 18? That will help guide me some.
I'd bet a Tesla module it's in the manual.
Here's a screenshot of the Lux Power manual I had saved.
Ps - welcome to the forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002-164016.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002-164016.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 32
How much is the cost savings these days of using Tesla modules vs prefab LFP batteries? Quick google says 30% or so if someone else reclaims it (not sure how the hazmat shipping costs compare for NMC vs LFP). Probably a lot cheaper if you reclaim it yourself/do local pickup.

That would be a waste of money. Tesla Powerwalls are an AC coupled inverter that require the use of a Tesla Gateway as the Microgrid Interconnect Device(transfer switch). It would be possible but you would not be using the built in transfer switch of the EG4, the backup functionality, or any of the bells and whistles that make it so expensive. You would simply set it up as a grid tied inverter that feeds into the solar port of the Tesla Gateway from the AC grid output of the EG4. If you want Tesla Powerwalls you would be much better off just buying a cheaper grid tied inverter without backup functionality. The Tesla Gateway just frequency shifts to make the grid tied inverters shut down once the batteries are charged and the PV exceeds the home's demand. It would be the brains of the system and take care of all of the battery backup functionality.

By the way, I am just starting my own YouTube channel. @Will Prowse was a major inspiration. I am only on my 3rd video, but plan to take some deep dives into content like this. Please help me get this thing off the ground and subscribe!

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back