diy solar

diy solar

EG4 24v LifePower4 batteries with 18K inverter

Warden

Hey all,

I am looking at replacing my Outback Power equipment with the EG4 18K PV. I am completely off grid, when I bought the house I didn't know anything and made some mistakes along the way. The system was a 24v system, so I bought 12x EG4 24v Lifepower4 batteries and wired them in parallel when the old AGM batteries started dying. Not long after I figured all my power problems would be solved by switching the system to 48v so I replaced my 24v Outback inverters with 48v Outback inverters and rewired my battery bank into series-parallel. So now my latest and greatest idea to solve all my problems is to get rid of all the Outback stuff and get the EG4 18k PV. Hopefully I don't look back in hindsight and regret it like I have been.

I'm wondering if there will be any issues with the batteries communicating with the EG4 18k PV since they are the 24v model although they are wired to be 48v now? I was considering getting the communications hub to see if that works because some people say that it will see the batteries even though it says it only supports the 48v battery.

Back