diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3K LCD Cannot find Lithium battery capacity (AH) screen

kfly

As per page 52 in the EG4-3000EHV-48-V2-Manual there should be a way to see the Battery capacity in Amp Hours. #6 below.
if I cycle through all the screens there is no screen with a battery AH or amp hours info.

I have 2 EG4-Lifepower4 48v V2 batteries and the "li" icon is on indicating there is good battery comms.
Guess main question is how do you know the EG4-3K is seeing the second battery. If you unplug the comms cable to the second battery you don't get Warning code (19) like you do if you unplug the comms cable to the main battery.
(current dip switch is battery 0 (D-D-D-D) and battery 1 (U-D-D-D)
Everything seems to work just fine. Would like like some kind of confermation that the inverter is seeing the second battery via comms cable.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 160539.jpg

The master battery passes aggregate data to the inverter. It doesn't matter if you have 1 or more batteries connected, only one set of data are supplied to the inverter.

Based on your DIP switch settings, battery 1 should be connected to the inverter and battery 0 should be connected to battery 1.

The master battery passes aggregate data to the inverter. It doesn't matter if you have 1 or more batteries connected, only one set of data are supplied to the inverter.

Based on your DIP switch settings, battery 1 should be connected to the inverter and battery 0 should be connected to battery 1.
Odd.
The manual says Battery 0 should be set to all off and should be communicating with the inverter.

EG4-LifePower4 Battery
Dip 1, 2, 3, and 4 are in the
“OFF” position
*off = down

The ALL "OFF" position is to
indicate the Master battery
status and is reserved for
communications with the
inverter
A Max of 16 batteries can
communicate in a single
battery bank.

hooked it up based on your suggestion above and powered off everything. No change. Guess there is no way to tell on a EG4 3K screen how many battery packs are connected.

ok after further test sunshine_eggo you are correct. After I put the dip switches and the cables in the order you suggested; if I unplug the daisy chain cable to last battery I get error 19. So the EG4-3K is communicating with all the batteries. Just odd there is no way to verify that on the inverter screen itself(as far as I can tell).

Thanks again.

Back