diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000ex reads much lower voltage than batteries?

Newenough

Why would the EG4 all of a sudden start reading .31 volts lower than the actual? This is a problem as the actual charging results have been .31 higher than the batteries max recommended amount. Note: As the bank is comprised of (12) 12v 220ah units wired in 3 series sets of 4 batteries, making the actual over voltage per battery of .07v over the max. Would this cause and permanent damage or any damage at all? Being winter and my solar output is less, Im unable to tell at this point. When I first setup the system I monitored the voltage for days to verify settings and results, and as of a few months ago that was still the case as I do perform spot checks. This is new, and hope I have not damaged my batteries in the interim. Anyone else experienced this? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Im getting the actual voltage from the batteries which matches the Victron battery monitor that is connected in line with the EG4 at the bus bars. The inverter uses 0000 cable to the bus bars, and a 125 amp class T fuse on the + side. We're talking very short runs here, and oversized cables.

The connects at the bars are all good. Lock tite is a wonderful thing. :) the he wife is working, so can't check at the inverter at the moment. I'll update when done. Thanks for the tip.

Back