diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp

Mermaid007

Hi everyone, I plugged in my solar panels and my batteries and hooked up my 240 V wires. Everything is tight and snug. I see I’m getting power from the solar panels and my batteries to be charged when I flip the breaker for power I got no power to the trailer, I did not stick a voltmeter in the plug to actually see if power was coming out. I’m going to buy a voltmeter today I’m gonna do that next my question is I have a green blinking light. It’s slow. I’m assuming it means software upgrade will inverter not work until I upgrade that software ? can I override that to get power? My second question is which I’m gonna call Signature Solar tomorrow but I’m off the grid and I don’t have Internet. Can my iPhone work to upgrade the software? Thanks for your time. I hope I explained everything correctly.

Hi! Yes you can use your phone for a local update even if the dongle isn't connected to the internet :)

Hi everyone, I plugged in my solar panels and my batteries and hooked up my 240 V wires. Everything is tight and snug. I see I’m getting power from the solar panels and my batteries to be charged when I flip the breaker for power I got no power to the trailer, I did not stick a voltmeter in the plug to actually see if power was coming out. I’m going to buy a voltmeter today I’m gonna do that next my question is I have a green blinking light. It’s slow. I’m assuming it means software upgrade will inverter not work until I upgrade that software ? can I override that to get power? My second question is which I’m gonna call Signature Solar tomorrow but I’m off the grid and I don’t have Internet. Can my iPhone work to upgrade the software? Thanks for your time. I hope I explained everything correctly.
On the inverter is it showing that you are getting power from the panels? Are your batteries charging?

Also, you are correct about the green (slow) blinking light. It does mean that you need a firmware update. Regardless, the inverter should be working.

As SignatureSolarJess mentioned, you are able to use you use the mobile app on your iPhone to update the firmware.

diy solar

diy solar
Back