diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 and EG4 Chargeverter to control external generator

Will I be able to utilize the Dry Connect port of the EG6500 Inverter to auto-power on and off an external generator which is connected to the battery bank via the EG4 Chargeverter?

Yes, if you install the appropriate AGS (auto generator start) module between the inverter and the generator. See my response to your other post on AGS.

Will I be able to utilize the Dry Connect port of the EG6500 Inverter to auto-power on and off an external generator which is connected to the battery bank via the EG4 Chargeverter?
Have you completed your work on this? Interested in the outcome and lessons learned if you don't mind sharing.

I have two EG4 3K units, the EG4 Chargeverter, and two EG4 LifePower batteries. With the RV (Momentum 29G) have Cummins Onan 4k EVAP gen. And purchased the Cummins Onan EC+ AGS. Been researching to see if it supports remote start from an inverter's dry contact relay. I want to be sure that it is compatible with the dry contact relay on the EG4 3K inverter.

The issue I'm learning is the need for remaining/keeping a 12V AGM battery to actually START the generator (requiring 450 CCA). Meaning... that while the Generator is connected to the EG4 Chargeverter and is connected to the EG4 LIPO battery bank (i.e., bus bars that each battery is connected) and presuming the EC+AGS battery monitor wire would be the dry contact connection to one of the EG4 3k units (I think), the inverter reads SOC/Voltage, sends 'start' back to EC+AGS which then uses 12 Battery to start the generator. Still think I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated.

-m

Attachments

• 29G 48V Power Design.png
    29G 48V Power Design.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 9
Back