diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 bright mount?

Smeeg

Can anyone post photos/videos of the new “Adjustable Angle (25-45 Degree Adjustment)” every review I’ve seen is of the original design without this feature.

I have these but not setup yet. The adjustment is square tube sliding over a smaller square tube with set screws. If installed per directions the set screws will be about 16” above the ground and once the panels are installed it will be challenging to adjust. The adjustable part runs nearly parallel to the ground.
A4D804F7-6A72-401C-8948-A9B1B4E750D3.jpeg

I have these but not setup yet. The adjustment is square tube sliding over a smaller square tube with set screws. If installed per directions the set screws will be about 16” above the ground and once the panels are installed it will be challenging to adjust. The adjustable part runs nearly parallel to the ground.
View attachment 168866

So changing from winter to summer time every year would be difficult?

I’m also in the process of installing these. The recommended ballast design shows about a 9” above grade attachment of the mounts. On a level grade install you will have enough room to access the set screws but remember you’ll be moving 4 panels at one time so it’s definitely a two person job. One lifting/holding the 4-panel array while the other person does the set screw work.
I’m planning to set mine permanently at about 45 degrees (winter setting) and see if summer works out well enough. We’re at 37 N

Does anyone know if the mechanism can be installed “upside down/reverse” so instead of 25-45 it’s something like 45-65?

Does anyone know if the mechanism can be installed “upside down/reverse” so instead of 25-45 it’s something like 45-65?
I just today installed the first set of 4. Definitely cannot do the 45-65 install by reversing posts.

BTW: the vertical main post attachment to the base has a weakness. Regardless of how tight your lower bolts are the two holes are different diameters and therefore allow way too much play. I imagine it was intentional to allow for adjustment, however there’s really no way of locking into a final fixed position.

Back