diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Hybrid Solar AC minimum operating wattage

SmitHVAC

HVAC Tech/ Solar Enthusiast - SmitHVAC on Youtube
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, I spoke to a few of you last week and was excited to hear some of you were already familiar with my videos. I'm an HVAC technician in Canada and a beginner solar enthusiast. I joined the forum to offer advice or technical assistance to anyone with an EG4 / Deye solar mini split, as well as ask questions and learn more of the solar side of things. I just posted a new video about the performance of the EG4 hybrid Ac under low solar conditions since this is a common question I get on my channel, showing the minimum operating wattage and some other low power consumption tips. If you have any other questions or ideas you'd like to see addressed in a video feel free to leave them here.

Thanks

Just saw your last video, very informative.

What is the highest BTU output you have seen from your heat pump ?

Have you been able to get near the 1-ton / 12K BTU rating ? If so, how many watts was it consuming ?

Thanks much.

I just checked it again today below freezing, I was at 9300btu at around 800w. I'm pretty confident it will exceed the rated 12k, but I haven't tested it at high demand yet. I'll test that and include it in a video soon. Thanks for watching.

Reactions: G20
I've been following you you tube videos, they are great. Quick question how many amps does 110v 12000btu hybrid unit draw when using just AC. The apps shows watts, I'm concerned about amps. Thanks for your time.

I've been following you you tube videos, they are great. Quick question how many amps does 110v 12000btu hybrid unit draw when using just AC. The apps shows watts, I'm concerned about amps. Thanks for your time.
Divide the watts by the volts to get the amps.

diy solar

diy solar
Back