diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Mini Spilt setup questions

sasay

I am getting ready to order the EG4 mini split 12K, my question is around what solar panels to order for it, I called Signature solar but didn't get any answers other than " any of them will work". has anyone set one up yet?

Any panels will work as long as you meet the voltage requirements with your Series/Parallel setup. What is your location? Hard to give paneling number advice without knowing your sun exposure and annual climate.

The manual is easily available for download, maybe it will give you the answers you are looking for.

my use case is it will be used 95% of the time in Florida and 5% of the time in West Va. I put mine in an enclosed trailer we use for events. I have settled on 4 Renogy 320W panels for the 12K unit, but in case anyone wanted to know right now I have it running on AC power and it only uses 4.5 amps

Anyone using either of the EG4 Mini Split units for heat, and if so how’s it working out?
Running on solar or 120ac, either way I’m interested to hear how well it heats.

Anyone using either of the EG4 Mini Split units for heat, and if so how’s it working out?
Running on solar or 120ac, either way I’m interested to hear how well it heats.
I have used mine in Heat and AC so far only on 120v ac, I use it for an off grid dry camping and run from generator for the 120 right now. it only uses 4.3 amps, so far loving it

I have used mine in Heat and AC so far only on 120v ac, I use it for an off grid dry camping and run from generator for the 120 right now. it only uses 4.3 amps, so far loving it
Good to hear. How long have you had it?
Thanks

my use case is it will be used 95% of the time in Florida and 5% of the time in West Va. I put mine in an enclosed trailer we use for events. I have settled on 4 Renogy 320W panels for the 12K unit, but in case anyone wanted to know right now I have it running on AC power and it only uses 4.5 amps
Are those panels 24 volt?

diy solar

diy solar
Back