diy solar

diy solar

EG4 waterproof 48v charging 2% less everyday.

OffGridPhilosophy

I have two hooked in parallel. One is a few months older than it's mate. They're hooked using the standard battery jump wires about 12" long. The older battery is charging 2% less everyday. Today it only charged to 92% when it reached 58 volts and 94% the day before. The other EG4 has also been hitting 98% but yesterday it made it to 100%. I'm using 3,000 watts of panels so toward the end of the charge they're probably getting hit with 2,200 - 2,500 watts at 45ish amps. I tried leaving the air conditioner running while they charged. Could that have caused this?

I have 3 of the EG4 waterproof batteries. Pay 0% attention to the soc% as it is totally incorrect. Unless you charge them until they ov protect they will not hit 100%. At least that is my experience with the ones I have. Just pay attention to the individual cell voltages to make sure the balancer is working correctly. Mine have been working daily for over a year and daily run down to 0% according to the soc reading and rarely get above 55% which is laughable because I absorb @ 55v and float @ 54.5 almost daily.

I have them paralled with a 304ah diy battery that has a JK bms which has run flawlessly for over a year.

I have 3 of the EG4 waterproof batteries. Pay 0% attention to the soc% as it is totally incorrect. Unless you charge them until they ov protect they will not hit 100%. At least that is my experience with the ones I have. Just pay attention to the individual cell voltages to make sure the balancer is working correctly. Mine have been working daily for over a year and daily run down to 0% according to the soc reading and rarely get above 55% which is laughable because I absorb @ 55v and float @ 54.5 almost daily.

I have them paralled with a 304ah diy battery that has a JK bms which has run flawlessly for over a year.
Thank you TrKarl!

Back