diy solar

diy solar

Enphase B270 1.2AH AC Battery add 100 Amps LiFePo4 in Parallel. Advice Please.

kundip

Micro Inverter Enthusiast
Canning Highway Attadale Western Australia
I am toying with the idea of adding extra capacity to my Enphase B270 1.2AH AC Battery.
After searching everywhere on the net for other hacks like this I have come up empty handed.
Possibly because this is a pretty stupid idea - so I am nervous.
Maybe I need counseling rather than technical advice. On balance the former first.
I have 3 of the Enphase AC Batteries that cost me USD $67 all up then USD $950 to fit.
They are mounted outside on a small shed & I can afford to burn one for experimental purposes.
The Enphase batteries are 24V.
I will have to join 2 of these in series and then connect them in parallel to the Enphase AC battery.
Ant thoughts, ideas would be helpful before / if I begin my trepidacious journey.

1681358711821.png1681358407016.png1681358360439.png1681358322309.png

Last edited:
Biggest issue is the series balance between the 12v batteries. Best to fully charge before connecting in series. Monitor the voltage as they deep cycle and charge a few times. Possibly add a balancer if there are issues.

When the connection is made to the 24v battery all should be within 100 mV to avoid a large rush of initial current.

Otherwise the project should be fairly straight forward.

Hi
Any result of your test?
I have a B270 and the battery is 0.00V DC due to a long storage and not good storage condition.
I'd like to replace cell but not sure of what kind of battery I have to buy.
Thansk for help
Franz from FRANCE

diy solar

diy solar
Back