diy solar

diy solar

Enphase Owners: Your Modem might be going Kaput

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
AT&T's 3G shutdown is coming
As a reminder, AT&T plans to stop supporting 3G networks effective February 28, 2022. Homeowners with a 3G cell modem will no longer be able to monitor and control their Enphase Energy System after this date. .... This support article explains what to do, and how to check [if you're] using 3G.

Sounds like if you're setup via WiFi you're fine, but no backup system obviously.

Old thread but interested to know if and when 5G will be implemented. I know currently Enphase has 4GLTE cell comms kits from both ATT and T-Mobile.

I installed a TP- Link AV2000 Powerline ethernet adapter in a ENCL ABS 14x10x4" w/120VAC with 2 cat 6a outdoor armored cables

Powerline Ethernet resize2.jpg

I installed a TP- Link AV2000 Powerline ethernet adapter in a ENCL ABS 14x10x4" w/120VAC with 2 cat 6a outdoor armored cables
Not quite seeing how that helps... perhaps it was too far for WiFi and previously an ethernet run was too unsightly or distant so you went powerline to reuse what was there to route it back to your internet provider? Or is this the primary and WiFi the backup? I probably just need more coffee...
; -)

Last edited:
Good day Svetz,
Very Poor WiFi coverage, this setup allowed no holes to be drilled in concrete block construction. Stable, reliable.
I hope you didn't suffer any damage from Hurricane Ian.

Very Poor WiFi coverage, this setup allowed no holes to be drilled in concrete block construction. Stable, reliable.
Thanks for the clarification!

I hope you didn't suffer any damage from Hurricane Ian.
Fortunately, we weren't that close. Mainly just had small branches off the trees, a very embarrassing moment cleaning out a gutter where I got drenched, and a few hundred pounds of debris (plant matter) that floated up on the surge and got left behind (the seawater came to within a few feet of the house and has now mostly receded, still up about a foot though).

Back