diy solar

diy solar

Epever battery setting keeps resetting

• Thread starter Deleted member 783
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 783

No matter how many times I change my charge controller to gel, it switches back to sealed as soon as I close the app on my phone. Does anyone know how to make it stick?

Is there a chance that it has an "auto type detection" that is turned on? If it does, your setting might be sticking but then getting overwritten. Just a guess.

You could be right, but I havent found it yet if so.

@ Lost In The Desert is there a phone app for epever CCs? I have two of the 4215bn in use and that would be great. Is the app only for specific models and I’m guessing but is it thru the BT module? ✌️

@ Lost In The Desert is there a phone app for epever CCs? I have two of the 4215bn in use and that would be great. Is the app only for specific models and I’m guessing but is it thru the BT module? ✌️

Yup, pick up the bluetooth module for about $28 USD and download the phone app from their website. You can't use the MT-50 and the bluetooth dongle at the same time, fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, pick up the bluetooth module for about $28 USD and download the phone app from their website. You can't use the MT-50 and the bluetooth dongle at the same time, fyi.

How do you like the App, I was considering a victron because of the App and because Will is always raving about how easy it is to configure, but I'm always looking to save a buck and I've heard the Epever units are decent quality.

I have a Tracer AN and use an RS-485 cable. The PC interface seems to work okay at storing the settings. I have only changed them a couple of times, but are set for LiFePo4 and seem to stay put.

In the phone app is there a Save or Update button? I don't recall what the PC program has for an Update button.

I have a Tracer AN and use an RS-485 cable. The PC interface seems to work okay at storing the settings. I have only changed them a couple of times, but are set for LiFePo4 and seem to stay put.

In the phone app is there a Save or Update button? I don't recall what the PC program has for an Update button.

Yes, it has a "send" button. It seems as if the app has an error. Even when it's set on "sealed" on the app, the MT-50 will still display "gel" when I plug it in.

How do you like the App, I was considering a victron because of the App and because Will is always raving about how easy it is to configure, but I'm always looking to save a buck and I've heard the Epever units are decent quality.

Well, I guess I would refer to back to the original post.

Yes, it has a "send" button. It seems as if the app has an error. Even when it's set on "sealed" on the app, the MT-50 will still display "gel" when I plug it in.
I initially had an issue with the PC program because I had missed a step in the communication setup. Are you able to read the data in from the charger, with the phone app? If you can't read the setting in from the charge controller then correcting that problem would need to be done.

I initially had an issue with the PC program because I had missed a step in the communication setup. Are you able to read the data in from the charger, with the phone app? If you can't read the setting in from the charge controller then correcting that problem would need to be done.

Yup, it reads everything fine. The setup is clumsy but I did eventually figure it out. Its just that one issue, which may be a app issue only. Is there any way to display the selected battery type on the screen of the main unit? If there is, I cant find it.

@DThames are you by any chance running a generator? (unrelated question)
Currently I have a grid tie system without standby power. I do have a generator. I just purchased some batteries, an inverter, a manual switch-over subpanel, and I am starting to set that up so the generator can power the subpanel and charge the batteries. Also the batteries can be solar charged with some panels that are not my grid tie panels. That standby power project is under construction but still fairly early in the game. I have my batteries charging from the solar but the subpanel is not yet tied in.

Here are some screenshots from the app, if that helps. Setup of the actual charge controller could not be easier, it auto-sensed everything. After wiring, flip the battery breaker, flip the pv breaker, that's it. It seems as though changing the settings from the app isn't happening, but it's good for monitoring, and the bluetooth range is about 3x that of the renogy.

Screenshot_20200105-074023_ChargeController(Sealed).jpg
Screenshot_20200105-092736_ChargeController(Sealed).jpg
Screenshot_20200105-092748_ChargeController(Sealed).jpg
Screenshot_20200105-092800_ChargeController(Sealed).jpg

Back