diy solar

diy solar

Epever/ lithium troubleshooting

Robmog

I have a Roadtrek Zion RV. Currently fitted with 275w solar panels 400 ah lithium batteries, an e lever tracer with mt50 control.
It all works well except the setup mis-recognizes the system voltage and drops out of boost too quickly.
The mt50 reads 13.5v while other devices report 13.0v
This doesn’t meet my needs when boondocking as my average hourly draw is about 5 and the solar only outputs about 0.1 amps in trickle mode.
After overnighting, the mt50 reads the voltage correctly and will produce 5-8 amps until again prematurely switching to trickle.
Any ideas what’s going on?
Thanks

Most of the voltage issues seen on the forum are due to poor connections. If you see voltage difference under load, but the voltages are similar at rest, then it's likely a connection issue or poor wiring.

Alternatively, it could be a fault in your equipment. Break out the multimeter and check the actual voltage reading at all points in the system when it's under load.

Could be Epever tracer issues. This is common and there are many reports on the forum.
I suggest changing to a Victron Smart Controller, 20 Amp

only outputs about 0.1 amps in trickle
This could occur if the battery enters protection mode, rather than a controller issue. Do you have communication with the battery?

I have a Roadtrek Zion RV. Currently fitted with 275w solar panels 400 ah lithium batteries, an e lever tracer with mt50 control.
It all works well except the setup mis-recognizes the system voltage and drops out of boost too quickly.
This doesn’t meet my needs when boondocking as my average hourly draw is about 5 and the solar only outputs about 0.1 amps in trickle mode.
After overnighting, the mt50 reads the voltage correctly and will produce 5-8 amps until again prematurely switching to trickle.
Thanks

Access the charge controller with a PC and manually set the system voltage.

Manually set charging voltages appropriate for lithium.

Voltage sag. The larger AN series have voltage-sensing terminals. If yours does you can run a sense wire to the bank and the controller will compensate for the sag.

If yours does not have voltage sensing you can either find the resistance causing the sag or increase your charging setpoints by 0.5v. <-- crude but effective

Back