diy solar

diy solar

Epever "para error" for 24v system

crccrkc1995

I have 4 200w 12v panels of solar on my RV roof, two each in parallel then in seties for a 24v system. I have a 50amp Epever MPPT, and a 2000w Sun Gold Power inverter charger. I have two SOK, 206ah batteries in series for 24v. I am trying to set the parameters in the MPPT for the SOK batteries. I have the battery ah set at 412ah. I understand I have to double the parameters listed for a 12v battery but when I try to do that I get a "Para. Error" on the remote display. I read about doing the setup in the "proper sequence" but I can't find the sequence anywhere. I have all green lights and smily faces on the MT50 but I know the parameters aren't what they need to be. I also occasionally get a continuous beep from my Inverter charger that started today. I assume this is due to the wrong parameter settings. I have turned my system off until I can get get some answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I'm trying to do similar to that, however the MPPT isn't allowing me to change them from the default 12v settings, at least not by more than .1 or .2. I keep getting the Para. Error.

Set the Rated Voltage Level for 24v first. All of the other numbers are limited by that setting in the computer software, probably through the MT50 as well.

Could be that you have to use 12v parameters. Some of these devices just double (or quadruple) the amount if running higher voltage batteries.

Ok, I switched battery type to sealed and all of the default parameters came up for 24v batteries. However, I can't change any settings except for equalize and boost time. It seems like they're all correct now if the default settings will work.

Everything seems to be working, however, still getting a continuous beep on the inverter. When the batteries are full it beeps non-stop.

The continuous beep starts the second the batteries are fully charged. The inverter led lights switch from green "power saver function on line" to green "Inverter power on line, battery charger off", with the continuous beep.

I had a similar issue with mine. I had to drop the boost charge voltage down to 27.6V or 3.45 per cell because when it would stop charging the battery, there was a momentary spike in voltage from the FET switching charging off for HV disconnect. Can you see from your BMS if you are triggering HV disconnect?

Back