diy solar

diy solar

AIO Error Code.

LDVV

I have one of these:

...and have been using it successfully for about a year. It's set up in my garage, and I'm in there often, but not excessively.

During the last year, I've seen it display a BOV (Battery Over Voltage) alarm probably once.

I didn't think much of it as it has safety features which prevent it from cooking the batteries, and it shuts down all out/inputs for a moment.

However, if we were using a bread maker at the time, the baking cycle would be interrupted, and the ~four hour cycle wasted.

The other day I was in the shed and it cut out three times (from the BOV error).

Nothing has changed in the set up, or loads presented.

Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

Do you have LFP batteries?

Does this occur at or near full charge?
Sorry, I forgot to say; AGM batteries.

Arranged for 24v.

I hadn't paid attention the other times, but this time I noticed that it was >29v.

It happened around midday, so they were definitely charged, with only a stereo (~30w) and the Freezer going at the time.

Sorry, I forgot to say; AGM batteries.

Arranged for 24v.

I hadn't paid attention the other times, but this time I noticed that it was >29v.

It happened around midday, so they were definitely charged, with only a stereo (~30w) and the Freezer going at the time.

If LFP, I would have thought that the BMS triggering charge protection triggered a battery voltage spike.

With AGM, I have no clue. I would attribute it to an inverter fault of some kind.

Back