diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer - anyone ever gotten the Epever software to work under WINE (Ubuntu laptop)?

Hogheavenfarm

Regulation Stifles Innovation
Just wondering if anyone has tried to install the Epever support software on a linux laptop, all they offer is winXP, Win7, and Win10, and some android apps. I would like to use my old linux laptop in conjunction with WINE on Ubuntu to work with the Tracer for some logging and programming.

If you know the internals of how Linux works, you can get what you need natively:

for reading the EPEVER MODBUS registers and graphing, etc using PHP.

and Python for writing to them via the command line.

Needs a USB to modbus cable. Won't work (well, at least not easily) with EPEVER's 802.11 adaptor.

I would be surprised if the EPEVER stuff works under WINE. Lots of direct hardware access going on and the apps are flaky from the get-go. WINE doesn't color outside the lines very well.

It might run under an Oracle VirtualBox VM if you know how to configure it to talk to the USB-MODBUS adaptor and then set permissions in Linux to allow that. That is how I finally got Morningstar's MSView to run under XP 32-bit so I could update the firmware on a TS-MPPT60.

Back