diy solar

diy solar

ESP Over Load - 6000xp

StormEc

Greetings

I have this setup:

So 2x 6000xp and 2x EG4 PowerPro with 8k solar split between the two (will install another 8k later)

I have them connected to grid. SO once battery falls to 20%, grid kicks in. I have it set to really slow charge to 25%. Once sun rises, it kicks back to solar and battery only.

We have really bad power here thus the system. Have auto voltage regulators for our pc's that feed UPS's.

This evening, with only about 500w coming in on the solar, we put the dryer on. it uses 5kw 240v.

At that time, load power was at 3542w (1799w L1 & 1743w L2), battery at about 62% & voltage 52.8v, and the moment it went on, the avr's started screaming and the ac voltage dropped to (160v) or 80v per pole (voltage drop gets worse when pulling more voltage here where we are).

The load was now 9041w (4496w L1 & 4545 L2), so pretty balanced. 9k load is only around 75% of the full systems capability, and with 2x systems, I should be able to pull up to 6k per live.

Looking at my app I saw that it had switched to grid power, hence the avr's reaction . I tripped the switch that feeds power to the grid input on the 6000xp's, then put the dryer on again. Worked flawlessly as it has before pulling up to about 8kw load now.

Looking in the EG4 app it says "EPS Over load"

Current discharge settings. Its all on default as far as i know.

Discharge control: "says: Please select discharg...."
Discharge Current: 140

140a x 48v = 6720 watts which sounds about right per 6000xp.....

rest are warning and cutoff voltages

So really not sure why that was triggered....

Back