diy solar

diy solar

6000XP in off-grid mode?

j3rk

©¿©¬
Can anyone explain to me how to get my new 6000XP out of bypass mode? I'd like to have it set up so that it runs off-grid all the time, unless the battery is drained, at which time it'd use the grid connection to power the loads. Right now, even though the battery is full, it's just bypassing and sending grid power to my loads. The manual is confusing on this front, and when I try to configure through the dongle via bluetooth under "Local Set", I don't see any options to switch the mode. I can't figure out how to get the dongle to connect to my wifi, so the bluetooth config is all I've got. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

I'm hoping to have this configured the same way I have my MPP 1012LV-MS currently set up, but obviously providing more power. The way the MPP works is that it draws power from the battery + PV to power the loads, and only if the battery drops below the minimum voltage does it switch to bypass mode. Here's a screenshot of how it is running in WatchPower.
mpp1012lv-ms.pngand the configuration:
mpp1012lv-ms-config.png
Is there something similar to "Solar First" and output source priority of SBU for the 6000XP? Or did I waste $1500 not realizing what I was getting in to?

Thanks!

There are no selectable modes on the 6000xp. All modes are automatic based on voltage setpoints in settings.
To get bypass off, your battery On Grid EOD value must be 3v lower than your current battery voltage, or 10% SOC lower than your battery depending on what you are using.

Thanks. I'm using a couple of dumb 25.6v lifepo4 batteries in series until I can afford the indoor 14kwh eg4 model in a few months. So there's no battery communication at the moment. I'll fiddle with the setting you mentioned and see if I can get it to do what I want.

Ok, Perhaps your entire problem is the lack of comms and using SOC parameters instead of voltage. You need to do all settings in voltage without comms. I did what you are doing and my SOC reading via lead acid battery mode was only ever between 46-66% hence never tripping the cutoffs.

Thank you ScrotusGobbleBottom. I was misunderstanding the on grid EOD setting. I set it to a couple volts (46v) above my low voltage warning (44v) and it immediately started doing what I want. That should be good to switch back to grid before the batteries get too low. Everything looks happy now. I was already in lead acid mode and set all my charge/discharge parameters to what's dictated in the battery manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420-203541.png
    Screenshot_20240420-203541.png
    91 KB · Views: 8
Thank you ScrotusGobbleBottom. I was misunderstanding the on grid EOD setting. I set it to a couple volts (46v) above my low voltage warning (44v) and it immediately started doing what I want. That should be good to switch back to grid before the batteries get too low. Everything looks happy now. I was already in lead acid mode and set all my charge/discharge parameters to what's dictated in the battery manual.
Great! Remember, now you can use that same setting, 3v down from actual batt V to switch "modes" any time you want. That is what I did when I started with the 6000xp. I just left enough capacity in the battery to be able to not waste any PV the next day, depending on clouds/weather.
The funny thing is that this exact question of yours was my very first message on this forum.
There are many, many, people confused by the lack of "modes"

Back