diy solar

diy solar

6000xp won’t switch back off grid

Tripplett

I was doing a 1 month in test making sure my cables were tight. When I wiggled the battery cables it tripped the 200a battery breaker on the 6000xp. The inverter went into grid bypass mode - using my grid to power the loads.

I flipped the breaker back on and checked all connections and everything is good. Nothing loose and it didn’t do it again. But it’s been an hour and 15 minutes and it hasn’t flipped back to battery. It shows all 200 wh of battery and the battery voltage on the inverters display, so it sees the battery now. It just won’t flip back. I don’t want to cycle the inverter as it’s powering our living room and tv. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Something is wrong if wiggling the cables tripped a 200 amp breaker! You need to positively determine why that happened and correct it before anything else. Are you sure the inverter is actually getting battery voltage? You may have to shut down the entire system and follow the startup sequence to get it back on line.

Last edited:
Something is wrong if wiggling the cables tripped a 200 amp breaker! You need to positively determine why that happened and correct it before anything else. Are you sure the inverter is actually getting battery voltage?
100% sure it’s getting voltage. Tested with a DMM and it’s showing in the app and in SA. Actually it’s charging the battery at 50-60w for some reason. So I know it sees it. IMG_3074.png I’ve checked and rechecked everything and it’s all solid and secure.

Last edited:
I’m not real familiar with that unit. Does the display or app indicate battery voltage is present? Something tripped that breaker…they don’t randomly trip for no reason.

I know you don’t want to power everything down and go through the startup sequence but that’s the next logical step. I would still be uncomfortable with a 200 amp breaker tripping when you wiggle some cables.

I know you don’t want to power everything down and go through the startup sequence but that’s the next logical step. I would still be uncomfortable with a 200 amp breaker tripping when you wiggle some cables.
Yep that is my next step. But I wanted to know how I could get it to transfer without that if nothing more than my knowledge.

I’ll triple check all the connections - that I do monthly. But honestly I could have brushed against the handle and tripped the breaker myself for all I know. The whole setup has been rock stable for a couple of months with no hiccups and no hot or loose connections. It runs my whole main floor except for 220 loads.

Fixed. I clicked “Quick Charge” in the app, let it charge the batteries at full power from the grid for 1 minute, then clicked it again to turn it off. It transferred back to battery. That’s got to be a bug.

Back