diy solar

diy solar

Expect Some Customer Support Delays From Sol-Ark (Apr-May 2023)

robby

Photon Vampire
Just got off the Phone with one of my Buds at Sol-Ark engineering dept and he mentioned to me that they are Moving out of Pano Texas to a new location not far away. They will have three times as much Warehouse/Factory/Office Space. They plan on a Massive upgrades in CS Dept and the R&D Dept.

The Move is already underway but he said that the big parts of the Move that may be disruptive will be between mid April until mid May.
So just be prepared for customer support delays during that period.

They will still whip SS arse for CS lol
I installed 2 12K over a year ago…18MWH, replaced one DOA dongle. You don’t need a lot of customer service or tech-support when you build a quality product and a decent but not perfect install manual. I don’t hear from my HVAC customers for years sometimes. I like it that way. I am surprised after five or 10 years when they do call for service. I’m really surprised when they tell me that no one else has had to work on it either and I have to dig cobwebs and wasp nests out of the way to replace bad parts. Sometimes it’s worth spending the extra money for heart health, less aggravation and C5H4O2 preservation.

I installed 2 12K over a year ago…18MWH, replaced one DOA dongle. You don’t need a lot of customer service or tech-support when you build a quality product and a decent but not perfect install manual. I don’t hear from my HVAC customers for years sometimes. I like it that way. I am surprised after five or 10 years when they do call for service. I’m really surprised when they tell me that no one else has had to work on it either and I have to dig cobwebs and wasp nests out of the way to replace bad parts. Sometimes it’s worth spending the extra money for heart health, less aggravation and C5H4O2 preservation.
Absolutely agree.
When I use to have a company that Sold and Installed Satellite TV equipment I refused to sell any kind of cheap equipment.
98% of our installations were one time jobs. If we had to go out to 30% of our Installations 2-3 times to fix issues or replace equipment we would have been out of business.
Some Companies today are just plain Lazy. They just buy from a Manufacturer or distributor and resell it for a profit and then depend on customers to figure out the issues. Prior generations did not have the Internet to do customer support for them, today so many companies are just just purely profit driven with no love for the craft! I wonder how half of them would survive in a 1980-1990s environment were most of your customers knew exactly where you lived and had no issue with driving down to your house to make a huge fuss.

I like Sol-Ark because they operate just like the companies I grew up buying stuff from.

Back