diy solar

diy solar

Explain Solar Panel Connectors, Universal?

squarpeg

I am ready to hook up a few panels. The connectors that are on these panels are labeled PV-JM608. Are these standard connectors? I googled them and got little info other then it appeared they are not the same as an MC-4? Someone was selling an adapter. When you go on amazon and look for premade jumper cables they don't tell you what the connector is, Just solar connectors. Trying to make sure I don't order something that doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Great not what I wanted to hear, Why can't anything be easy?

Welcome to the world of DIY.

The panels I'm going to buy specifically say the connectors are "Staubli PV-KBT4-EV0 2". That's helpful to know so I can buy that exact connector. According to the Staubli datasheet, these connectors are rated to 39 amps under IEC 62852 and 30 amps under UL 6703.

Lemme know if you find a place that has the the EVO 2 in stock.

I uploaded a resource the other day that are the data sheets for both Stabuli types that crosses amps to model numbers.

Also the fun bit is finding a crimper made for the 8awg version - they are kind of diamond shape from I could find, but nobody sells them. I suspect a square ferrule crimper would do it but dunno for sure.

diy solar

diy solar
Back