diy solar

diy solar

External battery charging a bluetti ep1500?

ed6269

Hello thank you for reading my post , so here goes , I have a Bluetti Ep1500 and when camping sometimes the battery can't keep up so I have seen videos on YouTube that show someone building a external battery pack and plugging it into the solar input of the Bluetti , I like this idea and I have a Titan setup at home but I like the portability of the Bluetti , so what I want to do is camp with the Bluetti and bring the Titan battery with me rig up an adapter to go from the Titan battery to the Bluetti solar input.
The Titan battery is 29 volts so that's within the 18-60 volt capacity of the Bluetti BUT the Titan's battery is capable of massive amperage , my question is will the SCC be able to sip the voltage from the Titan battery without the SCC of the Bluetti burning ? up from all the amperage that the Titan battery is capable of putting out?
What do you guys think is this worth pursuing?
I would like to be able to charge it up at night and never have to fire the generator up for hours.
Thanks for checking in
Eddie

I think it is worth trying. I am thinking about getting an EB150 soon. I asked on the Bluetti forum and a moderator said yes, it is fine and has input current limiting. I also saw it done on Youtube.

Oh wow, I didn't know bluetti had a forum, can you tell me how to check it ? And thanks for the info I feel much more comfortable doing this now , I have already built the adapters for the Titan battery to input into the solar plug of the Bluetti so maybe I will try it this weekend.

OK.. I am curious if you tried hooking up a battery directly to your EB150 DC Input?

Current limit (10A) will be the same at whatever voltage you put in. If you upscale the voltage from your battery to 48V, you will get a much faster charge time. Limit is 500W input, so 48V is a good voltage to upscale it to. In exchange for speed, you will lose some efficiency, but not much. This device is 93% conversion efficiency:

Yes, that is one way to go. I did that. My DC to DC converter has an adjustable regulated voltage and current output so I can adjust it as desired . The original poster wanted to know if you can go directly into the DC charging input without a converter. Since the current is limited to 10A, the answer is yes as long as the voltage rating of the battery is within the DC voltage input limit.

Back