diy solar

diy solar

Fabulous to find this Forum, a few questions about Solis RHI-5K-48ES

Nairobiuser

I have a nice set up in Nairobi Kenya, imported mostly from UK, with a Solis RHI-5K-48ES hybrid inverter. I did the entire installation myself, and it has been working well for the last year or so. Absolutely no Solis installers or knowledgeable people in Kenya at the moment, but from time to time I have had good support by calling the Solis guy in Liverpool. I also have an electric car and a Zappi charger.

Like others I have seen already on this great forum, the Solis inverter seems to be very good, keeps running, no real problems. But the user manual that comes with it leaves rather a lot to be desired, very short on detail, and, again, as others have said, probably loses a lot in translation.

For the last 10 months or so I have been happy with my solar set up just powering my house (lots of security lights) and I ran the Zappi straight from the mains. It is nonly now that I have started trying to use the full potential of the Zappi to charge my car when there is excess power available. I discovered yesterday that I did in fact have the Zappi CT in the wrong place, so I moved it, and now it seems to detect 'excess power' well, so I can use it on ECO ++ mode. But I scanned through this forum trying to find answers to questions that I have struggled with before, and I see others have been struggling with. In a nutshell, I would love to be able to simply tell the Solis to please stop doing anything with my Pylontech batteries for a while, so I can let the sun charge my car, instead of the batteries. Any idea how I can do this? I have tried almost all possible combinations on the Storage Energy Set Menu on the Solis, but still seem to get no-where. A specific question - when I select Time Charging, and set the Charge Limit and the Discharge Limit - do those new settings ONLY apply during the times set immediately below, under Charge Time and Discharge Time, or do they apply all of the time? I am really not sure. Right now I deliberately reduced the charge limit to 000.2 A, and set the Discharge Limit to 0.0 A. The battery kept on charging with about 130 watts, which seems more than 0.2 A, and the battery would discharge depending on load required.

Under self use, set Time Charging to RUN, Discharge Limit to 0.0A and specify the discharge time. This will then stop the Solis discharging from battery within that time period.

Back