diy solar

diy solar

FF power station CN 505

I am after purchasing the FF Power 614Wh Portable Power Station CN505, basically it's identical to the BIBENE/Oukitel portable solar power station. I have a question, I am somewhat unfamiliar with solar. I have seen another review where people have purchased a 100 Watt solar panel to charge the station. I am OK with that, my question is about the “ Open Circuit Voltage “ does it have to be between the 12 Volt and 24 Volt which is stated on the front of the device at the DC input port, where I plug in the provided wall charger.

I have seen some 100 Watt solar panels that advertise higher voltages, 24.7 Volts etc. My concern is using a oversized/larger panel than is needed, potentially causing damage to the device .

The device does not provide the “open circuit voltage” or “ max PV input voltage” information in either the owners manual or on the attached sticker on the device. The sticker on the device states ” Charging Input Voltage DC 19V/4.75 A.” . The manual states under inputs, 100W MAX.
I would assume that I could not exceed the 4.7 amps no matter what, that this would potentially damage the device.

Please clarify:

If I put a 100 Watt solar panel in SERIES with another 100 Watt panel, I will double the voltage output ?
If I put a 100 Watt solar panel in PARALLEL with another 100 Watt panel, I will double the AMP output ?
Could someone please provide a an explanation/description of the word Nominal when used in relation to battery voltage.

Any suggestions are welcome. Happy holidays to everyone. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5845.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 3
  • FF Power Station.jpg
    FF Power Station.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FF Power Station 2.jpeg
    FF Power Station 2.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 3

diy solar

diy solar