diy solar

diy solar

Portable power station paired with 48v ebike battery

Rnaiyc

I'm interested in finding a portable power station that can charge itself from an external 20ah 48v ebike battery I already own via the XT60 port used for the solar inputs on these products.

I would have to find one that is able to accept a "solar" voltage input up to 48v? (I see many of the lower power/capacity ones top out at 24v)

Are there other considerations merely for the compatibility of charging the portable power pack with the 48v battery.

Some Ebike batteries have a USB port that can charge micro power stations.

What are you trying to charge up?

Ecoflow River 2 Max allows solar input of 220w using 11-50V and 13A. I think it uses an XT-60 for DC input.

Some Ebike batteries have a USB port that can charge micro power stations.

What are you trying to charge up?
I don't have much in mind I need to power. I picture having it as a convenience for camping for low power things like lights or phone chargers maybe. I don't need give capacity because I can hopefully tap into the 20ah battery. Was hoping I could grab a compatible power station under 400 sometime

I don't have much in mind I need to power. I picture having it as a convenience for camping for low power things like lights or phone chargers maybe. I don't need give capacity because I can hopefully tap into the 20ah battery. Was hoping I could grab a compatible power station under 400 sometime
For that I would look at the micro power banks and an Ebike with a USB battery port.

You can recharge a phone and most have a light built in for camping and some come with a built in solar panel.

You likely need solar voltage input to 60v, presuming that e-bike battery is lithium-ion NMC. The voltage at max charge on those will be nearly 55v or 59v depending on the number of cells in series.

You did not state what capacity class of station you are looking for, but that 60v requirement puts you in the middle tiers and up. Usually the smaller stations have max DC voltage input near 30v.

Back