diy solar

diy solar

First attempt solar

eddie1261

Solar Enthusiast
This is my first foray into solar, and this whole journey has been 100% Will power. (See what I did there?) I honestly don't even remember how I stumbled upon Will's youtube channel, but I bookmarked it after watching just 2 videos and have now watched everything he has done in the last 18 months or so. From that page I have learned everything I know about this topic, took his advice every step of the way, bought tools he suggested (and they are FAR better than what I had before), and took his advice on that MPP all in one controller unit. I would have had to sacrifice far too much interior real estate in the little trailer had I not chosen that unit. And as a bonus, it works great! Once you set the parameters correctly, and it took a few tries, it's outstanding. Parameter 16, where you choose the charging priority, was key for me, as my unit stays plugged into shore power. Next was the parameter where you cap the amount of voltage in the battery so the system stops feeding it when it is no longer hungry. (Nobody wants a fat battery!) So I owe all of this successful solar installation to Will, his youtube channel, and his book.

Last edited:
Back