diy solar

diy solar

FIRST POST: Has anyone here had any luck finding used LifePO4 12v Batteries?

Solarson

Hey all, thanks in advance for your help. It is my understanding that many types of medical equipment use LiFePO4 12v batteries. Valence brand seems to be popular in the medical industry. Equipment such as surgical drills, mobility scooters, dialysis machines, EKG carts and many other electrical medical instruments use LiFePO4 batts. A friend that works in the industry has alluded to the fact that hospitals and medical facilities tend to replace a LiFePO4 battery when it reaches 80% charge capacity.

My question is: Who would be a good person to contact in a given medical complex to get a hold of some used LiFePO4's? I live in Houston, TX and Corpus Christi, TX. Lot's of medical stuff going on in both cities. Let's find some used stuff cheap....any ideas please reply!!!

I have wondered when used ones would start showing up. And in what condition they would be in. For me, used ones would be great back-up storage.

WHoever the person in charge of medical equipment procurement. That's often handled by several people. For example, lets use the AED (Automated External Defibrillator) which every medical facility will usually have multiples of....those are normally procured from a Medical Device Company of the Facilities choosing. Those people will contact the Medical office and say something like "Hey, it's time to change out the AED battery. I'll be there Thursday to handle this and you will owe me $1400" (or whatever). That company will recycle the used battery to someone like Batteryhookup.com who purchases it for resale at a steeply discounted price. Now, multiple that scenario by at least 10 for every medical facility in town and you get an idea of what's taking place.

Back