diy solar

diy solar

FTM 3D printers

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
My Dad and Brother gave me an Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro for my birthday.

Any great tips for printing solar components and anything else I'm missing out on?

I've printed a few logos using PLA filament.

I also have a roll of clear PETG to play with, I think this would be good for cell covers?

What software (free) is the best for designing and ease of use?

I've figured out how to download files from thingverse and slice them. I combined all of the logs below into 1 print. I think it would have been better to do them individually? I noticed it jumped from logo to logo, assuming so the head wouldn't crash? Is there a way to program them to print each item completely before moving to the next?

It seems incredibly easy to use so far.

Next next will be milwaukee battery holders.

Attachments

• Attach127044_20230729_174821.jpg
    Attach127044_20230729_174821.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1
Now you're just teasing me... I've been thinking about buying a 3d printer for the last couple years now.

But I want one of the units with the heated hoods so they can print the really useful higher temp and UV resistant materials. Being able to print PVC is high on my list..

I've been doing a lot of reading while one of my milwaukee holders prints.
It can print PVC and there are enclosures for it to help hold the heat...
I'm going to order a roll of TPU to try, it seems pretty awesome being able to print flexible. I bet it could be incredibly useful as well. I want to try some flexible cell dividers, honeycomb walls promote air flow.
I'm blown away how quiet it is and how quickly I was able to start printing.

I still need to figure out how to design detailed prints, downloading pre made will get old quick.

Attachments

• IMG_20230729_223848.jpg
    IMG_20230729_223848.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 0
I've been doing a lot of reading while one of my milwaukee holders prints.
It can print PVC and there are enclosures for it to help hold the heat...
I'm going to order a roll of TPU to try, it seems pretty awesome being able to print flexible. I bet it could be incredibly useful as well. I want to try some flexible cell dividers, honeycomb walls promote air flow.
I'm blown away how quiet it is and how quickly I was able to start printing.

I still need to figure out how to design detailed prints, downloading pre made will get old quick.
Yup, that flexible stuff is good for all kinds of rubber(ish) brackets, flaps, hinges, or things that need to flex without needing super strength.

I'm an autocad expert, been using it for 35+ years, but I'd have no idea how to transfer into something a 3d printer can understand. Haven't looked into it since I don't have a 3d printer (yet), but I'd be willing to bet there's a plugin for it.

Yup, that flexible stuff is good for all kinds of rubber(ish) brackets, flaps, hinges, or things that need to flex without needing super strength.

I'm an autocad expert, been using it for 35+ years, but I'd have no idea how to transfer into something a 3d printer can understand. Haven't looked into it since I don't have a 3d printer (yet), but I'd be willing to bet there's a plugin for it.
Do you produce stl or emf files? That's all that is needed... 3d printer slicing software can import those and create the gcode files to send to the printer.

Back