diy solar

diy solar

Generac TOU Schedules

dpirazzi

Wondering if there is a way to modify or create my own TOU Schedule and download it to the PWRcell inverter?

I am a PG&E customer, with E-TOU-C rate plan: (peak rate 4pm to 9pm every day year round)

I am currently using the following PWRcell TOU schedule: #04 CAL_4-9_365 (Self Supply 4p-9p, Clean backup 9p-4p everyday all year)

So the battery powers the house starting a 4pm, until 9pm or until the battery drops to 45% (saving the remainder for possible outage).

This works ok except for overcast winter days when there is not enough solar to fully charge the battery the next day (since it uses Clean Backup). Another downside is that the battery remains drained to 45% until sometime the next day, not ideal should an outage occur anytime after 9p.

I am able to do a temporary override of the system mode from TOU Scheduler mode to Priority Backup mode after 9pm, which allows the battery to fully recharge from the grid, but this is a manual process at the inverter each time. And the day I forget will surely be the day we have an outage.

What I really want is a version of my current TOU Schedule that uses Priority Backup instead of Clean Backup.

Any idea how I can get this? Does Generac respond to customer requests for custom TOU Schedules?

I've attached the Generac PWRcell Time of Use Program Guide found online, but it is two years old. Have not found anything more recent.

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• PWRcell-TOU_2.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
My PGE EV rate has a one cent differential between Peak and semi Peak in Winter so I don't use the grid from 3PM to Midnight.

Back