diy solar

diy solar

Graphene Manganese Ion + Zinc Ion 12V Home Made Battery Powering Computer Monitor And Desk Fan

A little explanation: The battery in this video is roughly 10 watt hours, and peaks around 50 watts output. The battery is smaller than it looks, without cardboard spacers between each cell, all 6 cells are only an inch thick when stacked. This battery chemistry was a bit of a fluke for me, I usually make carbon black based zinc ion batteries, but recently discovered an electrolyte additive that has a fascinating effect when used with graphite foil. The effect happens when overcharging, instead of the foil flaking off in thick sheets of graphene, it holds together while at the same time exfoliating internally. It's like thousands of pages in a book spreading apart. The effect creates huge surface area and energy density near lithium. I theorize a portion of the exfoliated graphite is graphene. Regardless, the surface area is so immense and the sheets are so large, I wouldn't even think it would matter how much is considered graphene and how much isn't. Unfortunately this is all the info I can give at this time, since I am still really early in this research, more detailed videos will be coming to this channel.

Back