diy solar

diy solar

ground rod pounder

I think it's two wires with terminal ends. One of them has a bolt through it, the other isn't connected. When he wants to couple them, he is attaching a nut on the other side of the bolt with both terminal ends touching each other.

I'm just trying to figure out if he is putting in a second ground rod at his solar array or something.. and determining whether he should be doing that or not.
Ground rod? All I see is those wires, a hockey stick and a bowl of rat feces on the floor.

Ground rod? All I see is those wires, a hockey stick and a bowl of rat feces on the floor.
The thread was created asking about a ground rod pounder. I asked him why he wanted to pound in a ground rod in the first place. He replied with that photo.

Bit it's spherical unless they didn't have a bolt and used some form of threaded ball joint.
I figured it's a bolt like this.
Midwest%20Fastener%20Corp_01050xxdd8ced.jpg

guys, take it easy....its just a bolt together ground extension....it attaches to the grid house ground. Like I said before if I had built this house I would have done some excavating 10 ft below grade and would have at least 2 below ground lightning proof ground systems separate from each other... but this rig will work when the inverter is in use and will keep any grid anomalies and spikes etc from going up to the new expensive inverter..current can go either way on a wire...

diy solar

diy solar
Back