diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 6KW Fan lock error

Jonathan3900

Good morning:

I have a Growatt 6KW Inverter. I have 6-350W panels on the roof, 2 Big Battery Husky 48V batteries, and a Generac 7500W generator.

I have started to get fan lock errors. I have searched and can't find much of a reason. Any ideas on why I am getting them?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Attachments

• IMG_1412.png
    IMG_1412.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
I'm getting the same thing. Every day at just after midnight I get the error. Sometimes during the day. The local solar person who installed my system doesn't know. And I can't find anything from Growatt and the app doesn't give any information

Thank you. I appreciate the advice.
I get this error
There is a firmware update that addresses this problem.
Files are available here: https://watts247.com/manuals/gw/Firmware/
The update process isn’t difficult, do a search on this forum for several documented examples.
For peace of mind, if this can't be done for several months (maybe 6-7) I can ignore the errors and it won't be something that will be a much bigger issue at that time?

I get this error

For peace of mind, if this can't be done for several months (maybe 6-7) I can ignore the errors and it won't be something that will be a much bigger issue at that time?
When I had the fan lock notifications, there was actually no problem with the fans.

I have just replaced the 3rd fan in my 2x spf inverters and expect to replace the 4th soon . This failures started during the warranty period and it was far easier to change the fans that change the inverter. The fan lock is a warning that one of the fans is not working . easy job , remove both casings , 4 screws , 1x plug and swap out . I had 2x fans sent from supplier and now I buy them locally , just a 12v , 80mm computer cooling fan but with 4 pin plug.

I had the issue and fixed it with firmware then it came back. I asked for help but the inverter charger board burned up during the slow process to get help. It appears the fan had stopped intermittently. It was within the warranty period.
I would recommend you check your history data to make sure the temperatures are not getting elevated if you cannot address it immediately.

Back