diy solar

diy solar

Growatt ARK Battery Capacity Low

jpowa

Hi. I’m new here and would like to know if anyone could help here…

I have a solar setup with 6x505W solar panels and Growatt MIN 3000TL-XH. I installed it with 2 modules of Growatt ARK 2.5H-A1 HV and a BMS. (Single phase)
This was a year ago and the setup worked fine.

Now I decided to add 2 more battery modules to my setup so I can have more electrical independence.

The problem is that I'm only getting around 6.5kW of usable battery for the 100->10% cycle.
My current battery capacity is 10.24kW. I should get at least 8.5kW for the same 100->10%.

If I check the battery voltage the modules seem fine, I have around 212V with the 4 modules.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Hi. I’m new here and would like to know if anyone could help here…

I have a solar setup with 6x505W solar panels and Growatt MIN 3000TL-XH. I installed it with 2 modules of Growatt ARK 2.5H-A1 HV and a BMS. (Single phase)
This was a year ago and the setup worked fine.

Now I decided to add 2 more battery modules to my setup so I can have more electrical independence.

The problem is that I'm only getting around 6.5kW of usable battery for the 100->10% cycle.
My current battery capacity is 10.24kW. I should get at least 8.5kW for the same 100->10%.

If I check the battery voltage the modules seem fine, I have around 212V with the 4 modules.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thank you.
Errrr.....what?
MIN series is low voltage 48v/51.2volt......How in the world you get 212volt?
Those ARKs are supposed to be connected in parallel.

Anyway, mistake no 1 = unbalanced battery modules.
You should charge each module to full tank 100% first before assembling all four into one single pack.

Errrr.....what?
MIN series is low voltage 48v/51.2volt......How in the world you get 212volt?
Those ARKs are supposed to be connected in parallel.

Anyway, mistake no 1 = unbalanced battery modules.
You should charge each module to full tank 100% first before assembling all four into one single pack.
He is correct see attach files
The battery pack with 4 is
188.8~227.2V

Oke ts (topic starter)
A inverter that you have is Ø Maximum efficiency of 98.4%.
But that is only by full continu load .
If you do not full load the efficiency go down more.
So it can that it by low draw of power its only do 80%

10kwh - 20% =8kwh .
10kwh - 1.6% = 9.12kwh .

Power use that come from the same battery pack that have to run of the grid fall out (yes that power come from the battery)
Than you have lost by switch on and of by low power draw.
And go on and go on.
It can that your cells are not perfect balance so you some % with that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714-151451.png
    Screenshot_20240714-151451.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You must fully charge each battery independently and then you can put in series. Also battery's typically are only charged to 30% SOC for shipping purposes.

Thank you all for the feedback. It might be the cells balance.

Do you know the best way to fully charge all cells individually?

I ask this because ARK batteries only work with a minimum of 2 modules in single phase installations.

Thank you all for the feedback. It might be the cells balance.

Do you know the best way to fully charge all cells individually?

I ask this because ARK batteries only work with a minimum of 2 modules in single phase installations.
Run the inverter with the two old batteries and get to full charge, shutdown and the disconnect the 2 old batteries and connect the two new batteries, then charge. When done, shutdown and connect all 4.

diy solar

diy solar
Back