diy solar

diy solar

Looking for default firmware Growatt ARK 2.5 Kwh A1

jimmy747

Hello everyone,
The firmware available on Atmosplanet.org is QAAA_0006. Works for some Ark batteries but as someone mentioned not all the GRowatt ARK battery 2.5 A1 boards are compatible with 0006. I tried to contact Growatt in China and Netherlands but I never received an email back from them. Any suggestions on how to revert back to original firmware? Thank you.

Do they have a US sales line? Sales departments usually always answer and then possibly they can get you in touch with the right person.

Hello everyone,
The firmware available on Atmosplanet.org is QAAA_0006. Works for some Ark batteries but as someone mentioned not all the GRowatt ARK battery 2.5 A1 boards are compatible with 0006. I tried to contact Growatt in China and Netherlands but I never received an email back from them. Any suggestions on how to revert back to original firmware? Thank you.
Ouch......so you can't restore the firmware back for one of the battery pack? My condolence in advance........

Btw, you do know the Chinese in China are celebrating the Lunar New Year for 14days straight? Probably they will reply after 26th Feb.....No choice but to be patience and wait......

Do they have a US sales line? Sales departments usually always answer and then possibly they can get you in touch with the right person.
Thank you yes it is called ginverter.com
Ouch......so you can't restore the firmware back for one of the battery pack? My condolence in advance........

Btw, you do know the Chinese in China are celebrating the Lunar New Year for 14days straight? Probably they will reply after 26th Feb.....No choice but to be patience and wait......
Thank you Ashley. I new they celebrate that but I did not know for 14 days!!!! Thank you. I spoke to Growatt USA yesterday. He was reluctant of rolling back my 2 batteries. He said it would be much better to fix the battery that refuses to work with 006 firmware (but so far no one knows how to do that).

So. To get you up to speed, the technician came by and said there is something wrong with the batery no pronlem we will replace it. So I got a new one. Plugged it in the inverter alone and charged it 100%. Then shut everything down and connect the 3 batteries together. Turn the top battery on. The other 2 batteries running 006 firmware saw the new battery and decided to syncronize the firmware (Growatt USA tech said that is what is suppose to happen). Green light flashing rapidely on 3 batteries. Then part of the process the batteries restarted automatically. The first 2 restarted fine and the third one (the replacement) now refuse to turn on. Back to same issue. Called again the vendor. they will send a tech monday. At this point I feel the only way the vendor can fix that is to downgrade my first 2 batteries to original firmware (no one knows what firmware version that is) or, replace the 3 batteries. What a nightmare. All that to solve a minor issue. I would love to try firmware before QAAA 0006 on the non responsive battery. Any idea how to get that? Thank you for your help.

Thank you Ashley. I new they celebrate that but I did not know for 14 days!!!! Thank you. I spoke to Growatt USA yesterday. He was reluctant of rolling back my 2 batteries. He said it would be much better to fix the battery that refuses to work with 006 firmware (but so far no one knows how to do that).

So. To get you up to speed, the technician came by and said there is something wrong with the batery no pronlem we will replace it. So I got a new one. Plugged it in the inverter alone and charged it 100%. Then shut everything down and connect the 3 batteries together. Turn the top battery on. The other 2 batteries running 006 firmware saw the new battery and decided to syncronize the firmware (Growatt USA tech said that is what is suppose to happen). Green light flashing rapidely on 3 batteries. Then part of the process the batteries restarted automatically. The first 2 restarted fine and the third one (the replacement) now refuse to turn on. Back to same issue. Called again the vendor. they will send a tech monday. At this point I feel the only way the vendor can fix that is to downgrade my first 2 batteries to original firmware (no one knows what firmware version that is) or, replace the 3 batteries. What a nightmare. All that to solve a minor issue. I would love to try firmware before QAAA 0006 on the non responsive battery. Any idea how to get that? Thank you for your help.
Need to have physical access to the board to reflash the firmware.

Technically, the battery control power board re-flashing procedure is similar to the inverter control board.
https://www.amosplanet.org/how-to-activate-control-board-of-off-grid-inverter-that-failed-upgrading/
However, I don't think you have the tool and correct firmware for it.

edit:
Do you want to check what is the error code on the failed battery pack?

Then compare and check :

Need to have physical access to the board to reflash the firmware.

Technically, the battery control power board re-flashing procedure is similar to the inverter control board.
https://www.amosplanet.org/how-to-activate-control-board-of-off-grid-inverter-that-failed-upgrading/
However, I don't think you have the tool and correct firmware for it.

edit:
Do you want to check what is the error code on the failed battery pack?

Then compare and check :
Thank you for all that. I am lloking into what you sent thanks again

Great idea from Amos to check fault using a bconfig.txt on a USB but the problem is, that would hel pif the battery turns on. I tried anyway. Red light on USB stick but nothing happened. The vendor who honors warranty is coming monday. So I obiously won`t open. Last very last resort if I have to I would get the XDS100 emulator and work on it. But lets wait until Monday. I asked Amos if they could provide the prior formware.
Thank you for your support and have a great weekend.

Great idea from Amos to check fault using a bconfig.txt on a USB but the problem is, that would hel pif the battery turns on. I tried anyway. Red light on USB stick but nothing happened. The vendor who honors warranty is coming monday. So I obiously won`t open. Last very last resort if I have to I would get the XDS100 emulator and work on it. But lets wait until Monday. I asked Amos if they could provide the prior formware.
Thank you for your support and have a great weekend.
Wish you luck in getting the firmware issue fixed.

Back