diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Min 8200 stuck

Hendo

Anyone have an idea on a fix? I have a min 8200 Growatt inverter that seems to be stuck in standby mode. It's been working fine then 2 days ago never woke back up. It's got 244v AC input and DC input from 3 strings of 340 plus volts. It indicates it's in standby mode waiting for DC power (green lights) The shine app says it's online but under the plant tab it shows a red icon above the tower. I don't remember if it's supposed to be green. The data logger is in standby. I have restarted it a few time at varying intervals to see if a cap needed to be de-energized or something. software hasn't been updated or anything like that.. It just didn't wake up and has no indication that something is wrong (faults/light) other than it doesn't work

I have the same problem with a min 7600, some days works and other days not

I found maybe some way to wake up, I change in the app Shinetools connected direct to the inverter
go to Grid Code -> Synchornization Range -> Connection Time and Reconnection time change fro 300 to 301, apply the Settings (blue bottom)

and done, after wait 301 seconds pass from Standby to On Grid

I not sure why, but in theory 300 seconds is a normal waiting time for safe connection to the grid

I hope this solves your problem

This is way late to help but it turned out to be a firmware update issue. I guess from talking to someone there that the systems stop and then they figure you will call for help. Then you get the update.??? Now few months later doing the same thing.

Just another update as it did it again. This time it turned out to be the little jumper wire for the kill switch if switch wasn't installed. (little black loop wire next to the dip switches) one end was loose, other side pulled out with a slight tug. Good luck

diy solar

diy solar
Back