diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Overloading Only When on Generator

This is the ideal solution. If I could get the chargeverter in 24V, I'd buy it in an instant. I've found a few battery chargers that can max out at 35 charging amps at 24 volts, but that just won't be enough to offset the AC.

I wasn't taking into account the conversion loss and was assuming the batteries were at 24V, not the actual 26V so my estimates were low. Thanks for the correction. I think I was approaching generator overload and that was sending dirty power to the inverter and making it think it was in overload.

Moral of the story, this generator isn't big enough.
ChargeVerter is for 48v systems not 24v. But it would be nice if you found a good 24v charger

ChargeVerter is for 48v systems not 24v. But it would be nice if you found a good 24v charger
Yeah that's what I mean. I thought about reaching out to Signature Solar and seeing if they have plans to make a 24V version but I doubt it since it's based on an EG4 AIO and they only make those in 48V.

Yeah that's what I mean. I thought about reaching out to Signature Solar and seeing if they have plans to make a 24V version but I doubt it since it's based on an EG4 AIO and they only make those in 48V.
Can you remotely control the inverter charge rates?

Can you remotely control the inverter charge rates?
No I cannot. The Growatts don't have any remote write capability. Read only.

If they did, I could wire up a cool automation with Home Assistant to reduce the charge current when the AC switches on.

No I cannot. The Growatts don't have any remote write capability. Read only.

If they did, I could wire up a cool automation with Home Assistant to reduce the charge current when the AC switches on.
Doesn't Solar Assistant support your inverters?

I have a similar situation, 2x24v,3kw units wire parallel for 240 output. L2 unit will drop to 5watts and attempt to take on load after a few seconds, cycles between 2.4kw and 5w several times until load is reduced. Started in day time while solar charging and trying to start a water pump on a soft start start. At night will also overload when small AC running and refrigerator cycles on (system on batteries but does have grid input although the grid input does not activate in the overload scenario, grid will take over when battery level drops to utility charge setting.
Wondering if the inverter board or control board were damaged at some point? I do have a third 3kw unit that I will try to replace the L2 unit to see if that fixes the problem. If it does need to figure what needs to be fixed in the original 3kw unit.

Back