diy solar

diy solar

Growatt PSF3000TL LVM - internals

Yeti

Does anyone have a clear photo of the Growatt's internals? I'm looking to put a shunt between the MPPT and Inverter when that slow boat from China finally arrives.

Sorry I don't have any photos, but I'm interested in maybe purchasing one of these units and new to solar in general. I'de love to hear more about why you would be doing this. Also (not to high jack your thread, just curious incase you know) I live in Japan and I am curious if this unit will really support 104 / 208 V split phase. The manual for the SPF X0000 T DVM units (https://www.ginverter.com/upload/file/contents/2019/11/5dd5e492c30a5.pdf) seems to indicate they will allow for this configuration. Japan has 100 / 200 V split phase 60hz but I suspect 104 / 208V would be sufficient to get most things functioning when run in an off grid scenario. I'm just a little uncertain how the output voltage can be as simple as configuring a menu option, I thought it would relate to the the number of windings in a transformer somewhere and wouldn't be so easy to change.

Growatt has so many inverters, it's difficult to find the right one(s), Reach out to them but I think you're right that the DVM is the one of choice for Japan. Also to make sure the have one that is speced/certified for local.

As for why I want to add the shunt between the inverter and mppt, I'm a data junkie. I want to see the power my panels are producing and the power the inverter is consuming.

Thanks Yeti for the reply, I'm waiting for a reply from them still! When you add your shunt if you could post some pictures I'de be very interested in seeing :)

Back