diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES - Online Parameter Change

Alooma

Hi.

I have 2 x Growatt SPF 5000 ES connected in parallel. I have today managed to change the 'Battery to grid operational point' on the Master Inverter. But this is not reflected on the Slave Inverter. If I make the change physically on the Master Inverter, it is reflected on the Slave Inverter. Does any know why online parameter changes are not synchronised?

NOTE: The change was made on the ShinePhone App.

Regards.

Hi.

I have 2 x Growatt SPF 5000 ES connected in parallel. I have today managed to change the 'Battery to grid operational point' on the Master Inverter. But this is not reflected on the Slave Inverter. If I make the change physically on the Master Inverter, it is reflected on the Slave Inverter. Does any know why online parameter changes are not synchronised?

NOTE: The change was made on the ShinePhone App.

Regards.
Not sure. I was never able to get the shinephone app connected.
But settings changes on the master does sync to the slave. When I make the changes through Solar Assistant.
And I would think that it should be the same for shinephone.
Are both dongles communicating correctly? As in both units appear on the app.

Not sure. I was never able to get the shinephone app connected.
But settings changes on the master does sync to the slave. When I make the changes through Solar Assistant.
And I would think that it should be the same for shinephone.
Are both dongles communicating correctly? As in both units appear on the app.
Hi, have you tried this?

Hi, have you tried this?

Yes, I tried everything that people suggested.
Finally gave up, and never looked back.
Solar Assistant is a much better option, anyway.
I wish that I had just used it from the beginning.

I hope my arriving SPF5000ES with its ShineWifi will work well, btw did you unscrew the N-G bond like this guy did (at 9:40)
? I'm preparing everything to minimize error, i dont have many hybrid inverter choice (Deye, Icasolar local brand, some local customs, etc pff)in my country, too bad.

I hope my arriving SPF5000ES with its ShineWifi will work well, btw did you unscrew the N-G bond like this guy did (at 9:40)
? I'm preparing everything to minimize error, i dont have many hybrid inverter choice (Deye, Icasolar local brand, some local customs, etc pff)in my country, too bad.
These units are designed for the European markets.
Removing the bonding screw is necessary for use in North America. Unless you are using them for a 3-phase system.

Do you know why it should be unscrewed? Because i have the same voltage, 220-240v. I am beginner technician myself, i have experienced once my customer has a problem, grid MCB kept tripping, when i try to troubleshoot, i inspected that ground and neutral are bonded, so i removed. It’s working great until now. I have never bond neutral and ground on my installation. Do you think i should unscrew as well?

Do you know why it should be unscrewed? Because i have the same voltage, 220-240v. I am beginner technician myself, i have experienced once my customer has a problem, grid MCB kept tripping, when i try to troubleshoot, i inspected that ground and neutral are bonded, so i removed. It’s working great until now. I have never bond neutral and ground on my installation. Do you think i should unscrew as well?
What is your regional electrical configuration?
Most European markets are 230v single phase.
North American markets are 120v/ 240v split-phase.

Mine is 220-230V single phase. Should i? But im afraid it will void the warranty if i do.
I would remove the bonding screw and add a jumper wire between the input and output neutral terminals.
This gives you a common neutral configuration.
I'm guessing that the main breaker is a RCD. And the dynamic bonding is causing it to trip.

Back to the initial post. the inverters share their settings via the grey communication cable. Once you decided for your setup you have to connect the inverters via the grey communication cable and in some constellations also the green power comms cable. After this is properly done (check the manual for further details) you can set up parameters on the HST (host) inverter and the settings will be shared between the units. There are only a few parameters which have to be set manually on each one...

diy solar

diy solar
Back