diy solar

diy solar

growatt spf 5000tl hvm in parallel does not see the grid

peteruu

Hi, I have two growatts spf 5000tl hvm with parallel cards.
When i try each of them in the single mode it is working ok.
When i connect parallel (one phase) it does not see the grid even when i setup utility first. i can hear clicks from the inverter as it tries to connect to the grid but never did.
It is taking all energy from panels and after that from the battery even when it reaches a low battery level setting it is still going from the battery.
So far i checked all connections it looks ok, i also had extra cables for parallel (those with green ends, small ones) I replaced it - without change.
On display i can see the Grid, voltage is ok, hertz also ok... so i don't understand that.
What is weird is it is working in single mode but not in parallel.
Does anybody had such a problem ? Any suggestions what can be bad ?

Hi, I have two growatts spf 5000tl hvm with parallel cards.
When i try each of them in the single mode it is working ok.
When i connect parallel (one phase) it does not see the grid even when i setup utility first. i can hear clicks from the inverter as it tries to connect to the grid but never did.
It is taking all energy from panels and after that from the battery even when it reaches a low battery level setting it is still going from the battery.
So far i checked all connections it looks ok, i also had extra cables for parallel (those with green ends, small ones) I replaced it - without change.
On display i can see the Grid, voltage is ok, hertz also ok... so i don't understand that.
What is weird is it is working in single mode but not in parallel.
Does anybody had such a problem ? Any suggestions what can be bad ?
So neither inverter can connect to grid? I would configure a single unit, remove comms and current sharing cables (green ends and red/black wire). Ensure SIG mode is displayed, that split phase is off. Set to SBU priority mode.Power on battery, Solar, then AC input. See if AC input voltage is displayed. Do this for second inverter.

If that works on both units, then add your comms and current sharing cables, check manual for current ports, it should be A to A and B to B. By parallel you mean single 120V only, right? Then power up your master battery, Solar, then AC input then do the same for inverter no. 2.

So neither inverter can connect to grid? I would configure a single unit, remove comms and current sharing cables (green ends and red/black wire). Ensure SIG mode is displayed, that split phase is off. Set to SBU priority mode.Power on battery, Solar, then AC input. See if AC input voltage is displayed. Do this for second inverter.

If that works on both units, then add your comms and current sharing cables, check manual for current ports, it should be A to A and B to B. By parallel you mean single 120V only, right? Then power up your master battery, Solar, then AC input then do the same for inverter no. 2.
first part i already did based on that i know that both inverter works in single mode.
second part i tried and i am in europe so we have 230v. and i mean single 230v with both inverters.

So neither inverter can connect to grid? I would configure a single unit, remove comms and current sharing cables (green ends and red/black wire). Ensure SIG mode is displayed, that split phase is off. Set to SBU priority mode.Power on battery, Solar, then AC input. See if AC input voltage is displayed.
first part i already did based on that i know that both inverter works in single mode.
second part i tried and i am in europe so we have 230v. and i mean single 230v with both inverters.
And you have the current sharing cable and communication cables installed? Other than that I am drawing a blank.

Last edited:

Attachments

• EC9AA740-574A-4CC4-AED2-478ACB7CC826.png
    EC9AA740-574A-4CC4-AED2-478ACB7CC826.png
    559.5 KB · Views: 5
it is true i did not use screws on cables because they hold pretty good without it. if they would not i would probably get some error on inverter
regarding the manual .
1. connected cables - done; all breakers down. regarding neutral wires i have box near the inverters where i have neutral wires all together actually it is 3 cables 2 from invertser and one come also from input/output of the grid i do not know right now
2. i had to enable battery to get some power to inverter after that i setup program 23 for PAL. after that i turned off breaker for battery.
3. enabled battery breaker, enabled unit,
4. enabled PV breaker, enabled Grid breaker /AC INPUT, no error
6. enabled output breaker.
no error for the whole time.. everything looks ok except it will not switch to Grid.

diy solar

diy solar
Back